We’re hiring! Check out our open job opportunities below.
We are looking to add Staff Accountants to our team who are who are passionate about public accounting and driven to progress in their career.
Are you an accountant starting your career, looking for a firm that provides the advantages of a smaller firm with a personal work environment while offering the complexity of work of a larger firm? Are you interested in experiencing both audit and tax work and being exposed to a variety of clients in different industries? Is maintaining a healthy work-life balance a priority for you? Gordon Advisors offers all of this and more!
What You Will Do
- Prepare payroll tax, federal, state and/or local tax and basic personal income tax and business returns.
- Compile workpapers and other accounting reports for a variety of client entities and tax engagements.
- Understand basic tax issues and apply appropriate code and regulations to client situations.
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and simple financial statements. Reconcile accounts to control accounts.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 150 credit hours completed or Masters of Accounting a plus
- Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam as soon as possible
- Desire to learn and a teachable personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork, collaboration and leadership
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and possess sufficient skills to navigate within commonly used software programs
- Eligible to work in US without employment sponsorship now and in the future
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package commensurate with experience and opportunities for career advancement. Gordon Advisors has been named one of Inavero’s Best of the Best Accounting Firms, Accounting Today’s Top 100 Accounting Firms to Work For, and in 2020 we were recognized as One of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Metro Detroit - our 15th consecutive year earning this honor.
Gordon Advisors, PC is looking to add full-time or part-time winter 2023 audit/tax interns to our team.
During the internship, our intern staff will be engaged in all parts of our firm learning about accounting, audit and tax while working with clients in a variety of different industries from manufacturing, real estate, nonprofits, distribution and professional service firms.
Our interns will build their skills by working directly on client engagements while being mentored by partners, senior managers and other team members.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain audit & tax experience by working directly on client engagements
- Learn to identify documents and their purpose (K-1s, W-2s, 1099s)
- Prepare & compile basic individual and personal property tax (PPT) returns
- Apply audit procedures and assist with documentation (e.g. cash, A/R, fixed assets)
- Become knowledgeable regarding components of financial statements
What We Are Looking For in Candidates:
- Enrolled as a student during the 2022/2023 school year, pursuing an accounting major
- Student enrolled in a Masters of Accounting or Tax program is a plus
- Completed at least 1st semester junior year
- Understand basic accounting principles
- Successfully passed Intermediate Financial Accounting I by start of internship
- Be eligible to work in the US without employment sponsorship now and in the future
Internship positions are a paid, 20-40 hour/week commitment beginning January 4th through the end of tax season on Monday, April 17th. Individuals looking for a part-time internship would need to be available to work in the office 5 days/week (for ex. 4 hours/day Monday-Friday).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gordon Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Gordon Advisors will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes submitted from search firms, employment agencies, or similar will be viewed as being referred free of any charges or fees and will become the property of the firm. Gordon Advisors will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.